MEIS2018：Mathematical Progress in Expressive Image Synthesis 2018
2018年12月8日 @ 13:00 - 2018年12月9日 @ 12:30
■場所: Shibaura campus, Shibaura Institute of Technology
The aim of this international symposium is to provoke interaction between researchers from two disciplines:
Computer Graphics and Mathematics.The MEIS2018 is the sixth in the series of the annual
symposium commenced as MEIS2013.
In recent years, advanced mathematical theories have been utilized in CG and have enabled richer
visual expression.In turn, problems in CG have been one of the driving forces for the emerging
fields in mathematics such as discrete differential geometry.This two-day meeting will provide
a unique venue for the both community to realize and discuss problems and possibility for
new interdisciplinary research projects through the invited talks.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Tokyo in December 2018.
8 Dec. (Sat)
- 13:00-13:50 Takashi Ijiri: 3D modeling of flowers and insects by using X-ray CT and photographs
- 14:00-14:50 Hongzhi Wu: High-dimensional Material Appearance Acquisition
- 15:10-16:00 Takaharu Yaguchi: Mathematical Challenges in Simulations of Musical Instruments
- 16:10-17:00 Jonathan Dupuy: A Spherical Cap Preserving Parameterization for Spherical Distributions
- 17:10-18:00 J.P. Lewis: Visual Art, the Brain, and Neural Image Synthesis
9 Dec. (Sun)
- 9:30-10:20 Ippei Obayashi: Theory and applications of persistent homology
- 10:30-11:20 Kenshi Takayama: Interactive approaches to robust and controllable quadrilateral/hexahedral meshing
- 11:30-12:20 Albert Chern: Geometric Approaches to Computational Problems